openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2245 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Jun 15, 2006 10:33:49 PM

Jinny

US
font error with sesame data. need help

Hi,

Can you help me? I encouter the font error as follow.
When I read data from sesame database, it return a string for name field (for example Henry More). I check the length of this field, it return so strange that the length is so long some hundred while it only 10 for name(Henry More).

I can write down the name field by echo without problem. but when I use this value of data to put in the text box the name now become the string : <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>. When I write data in sesame database with RDF format <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>.

Can you help show me how to fix this problem?

Thank for your time,
Best regards,
Jinny
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jun 16, 2006 10:00:37 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands
Re: font error with sesame data. need help

I don't quite follow what you are saying, but here's a best guess:

You evaluated a query using Sesame's web interface and specified RDF or XML (the default) as the result format. Your browser then showed the query result to you displaying just the name "Henry More". The query result, however, is an XML document and the browser only shows you the text in that document, ignoring all XML tags. You can see the actual query result that is returned by the Sesame server by viewing the source of the query results frame.

Hope this answers your question. If it doesn't, then please explain the problem more clearly.
----------------------------------------
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jun 16, 2006 7:39:15 PM

Jinny

US
Re: font error with sesame data. need help

Hi,

Thank you very much to help me out. Exactly the solution that you suggested.

Thanks and Best regards,
Jinny

I don't quite follow what you are saying, but here's a best guess:

You evaluated a query using Sesame's web interface and specified RDF or XML (the default) as the result format. Your browser then showed the query result to you displaying just the name "Henry More". The query result, however, is an XML document and the browser only shows you the text in that document, ignoring all XML tags. You can see the actual query result that is returned by the Sesame server by viewing the source of the query results frame.

Hope this answers your question. If it doesn't, then please explain the problem more clearly.

[Show Printable Version of Thread]