openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2608 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Jul 12, 2005 2:48:04 PM

jtoros
Visitor

Problem installing Sesame under Tomcat 5.5

Well, in the installation guide from the openrdf site, at "2.2.2. Installation under Tomcat 4 or 5" it says:''Copy the file [SESAME_DIR]/WEB-INF/system.conf.example to [SESAME_DIR]/WEB-INF/system.conf. NOTE: only do this etc etc"

Where is that system.conf file? Not in my WEB-INF folder though!
Btw is it possible to mean "rename system.conf.example to system.conf" and it says "copy"?

Wuthout configuring anything with the Configure Sesame! tool I have done this, I mean I've renamed the file but I never saw the Sesame web interface. I also copied the .example file to the same folder and then renamed the new one. Still nothing...

To tell the plain truth, I haven't understood completely how the tool works, so I just want to be sure that my installation up to the point before the tool is "by the book", so I can try the tool later.

Thnx in advance and sorry for the BIG post.
Jim
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jtoros at Jul 12, 2005 2:50:22 PM]
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jul 13, 2005 11:08:36 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands
Re: Problem installing Sesame under Tomcat 5.5

Well, in the installation guide from the openrdf site, at "2.2.2. Installation under Tomcat 4 or 5" it says:''Copy the file [SESAME_DIR]/WEB-INF/system.conf.example to [SESAME_DIR]/WEB-INF/system.conf. NOTE: only do this etc etc"

Where is that system.conf file? Not in my WEB-INF folder though!
Btw is it possible to mean "rename system.conf.example to system.conf" and it says "copy"?

Either rename the example-file, or copy it giving it the name "system.conf". All that matters is that there is a "system.conf" file.

Hope this helps.
----------------------------------------
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]