openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2373 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
May 18, 2005 5:55:16 PM

tbeer

Austria
Custom inferencing causes problems

Hi all!
I tried to add "inferencing rules" to my repository:

LocalService service = Sesame.getService();
RepositoryConfig config = new RepositoryConfig(this.repositoryId);

config.setWorldReadable(true);
config.setWorldWriteable(true);

RdfSchemaRepositoryConfig rdbmsSail =
new RdfSchemaRepositoryConfig();

// connection parameters
rdbmsSail.setParameter("jdbcUrl",jdbc:mysql://localhost/sesamenewdb");
rdbmsSail.setParameter("jdbcDriver", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
rdbmsSail.setParameter("user", "sesame");
rdbmsSail.setParameter("password", "sesame");
// custom inferencer
rdbmsSail.setInferencerClass("org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.CustomInferenceServices");
rdbmsSail.setParameter("rule-file", "C:\\customRules.xml");

config.addSail(rdbmsSail);
try {
LocalRepository myRepository =
service.createRepository(config);
}
catch ...

The line "service.createRepository(config);" leads to the following exception:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.CustomInferenceServices.createDependenciesTable(CustomInferenceServices.java:648)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfSchemaRepository._createDependenciesTable(RdfSchemaRepository.java:414)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfSchemaRepository._createDbSchema(RdfSchemaRepository.java:317)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfSource._initDatabase(RdfSource.java:368)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfRepository._initDatabase(RdfRepository.java:176)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfSource.initialize(RdfSource.java:331)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfRepository.initialize(RdfRepository.java:162)
at org.openrdf.sesame.sailimpl.rdbms.RdfSchemaRepository.initialize(RdfSchemaRepository.java:180)
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService._createRepository(LocalService.java:376)
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService.getRepository(LocalService.java:238)
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService.createRepository(LocalService.java:298)
at SesameTestImplementation.createRepository(SesameTestImplementation.java:127)
at SesameTestImplementation.<init>(SesameTestImplementation.java:45)
at SesameTestImplementation.main(SesameTestImplementation.java:289)

Everything worked fine before I added the "custom inferencer" (I dropped the complete database schema before I tried "custom inferencing").

Any Ideas?
I appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot,
Thomas
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.etourism-austria.at [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
May 19, 2005 7:35:39 AM

damyan
Sesame developer

Re: Custom inferencing causes problems

Hi Thomas,

after checking the actual code I saw that it requires at least a single rule with more than 1 'premise' to be present in your rule file (customRules.xml), so check for it.

If that do not helps, please, post/publish your rule file here/somewhere to get further down into the problem.

damyan
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by damyan at May 19, 2005 7:36:24 AM]
Show Printable Version of Post        7752212 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
May 19, 2005 8:52:28 AM

tbeer

Austria

Hi damyan!
First of all thanks for your immediate response. After adding a second premise it runs. I am quite new to Sesame so my goal was to play a little with custom inferencing to find out whether it is suitable for our project. Can you tell me why there are more than one "premise" necessary?
Where can I find more examples or related docs? I just found the "entailment-owl-dlp.xml" example and the "Sesame User Guide".

Tom
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.etourism-austria.at [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
May 27, 2005 1:38:45 PM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

Damyan, this appears to be a bug in the custom inferencer, right? Want be to log it in the issue tracker as such?
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
May 28, 2005 7:52:54 AM

damyan
Sesame developer

right, it is a bug - please log it!
I hope to get some time soon to look at it...
Show Printable Version of Post        7752212 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
May 30, 2005 9:02:28 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

Issue logged: [SES-167].
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]