openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6015 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Oct 25, 2005 7:50:30 PM

bblfish
Sesame Addict

France
Re: relative uris

I just tried upgrading to 1.2.2 from 1.0.3 and the relative URL bug that makes it possible for me to work with sesame is luckily still there.

<reminder>
The bug stems from Sesame parsing URIs such as
<./2005_10_25_20-37-32-143_n1.small.jpeg>
as belonging to the ./ namespace .

Sesame then goes on to create a namespace such as:

@prefix ns11: <./> .

(when serialising to turtle) but luckily does not apply that namespace anywhere, or else
we would get some weird ns11:2005_10_25_20-37-32-143_n1.small.jpeg uris.
</reminder>

Please don't forget to build relative URIs into Sesame for the next version. It looks like I will
be able to upgrade. But I feel a little uncomforable having to rely on a bug to get my work done.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bblfish at Oct 25, 2005 7:51:21 PM]
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest    http://bblfish.net [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jun 23, 2008 12:48:19 AM

josephw
Visitor

(It's a very old thread to reply to, but this seems to be one of the only places this has been discussed.)

All I need for relative URIs is the enhancement suggested in Jeen's first reply - writing RDF/XML relative to a base URI. I don't need late resolving, just to write an RDF file that describes the files it travels around with.

I've attached the implementation that I'm using. It doesn't claim to be efficient and it relies on the real serialiser only calling toString() on the URIs its given.
Attachment RelativeRDFXMLWriter.java (1581 bytes) (Download Count: 360) (A decorator for RDF/XML writing that relativises subject URIs, where possible, according to a given base URI.)

Show Printable Version of Post     [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jun 25, 2008 8:54:36 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

Thanks for raising this issue again and for your patch. I think we should integrate this feature into the writers themselves, instead of using a wrapper. It's also relevant for other RDF formats (but not all). Can you log a feature request in our issue tracker so that we won't forget about it? Please log it for the 'Sesame' project with module Rio, and not in the 'Rio' project.
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]