openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8979 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Sep 16, 2004 3:38:19 PM

jeen
Sesame Addict

The Netherlands
Sesame 1.1-RC1 released

We've released Sesame 1.1 Release Candidate 1 on Sourceforge.net. See the official announcement for details.

Thanks everyone who contributed. We hope to keep on receiving your feedback!
----------------------------------------
Researcher at AFSG - Wageningen UR
Show Printable Version of Post     [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sep 17, 2004 9:27:47 AM

bartman
Sesame Addict

Re: Sesame 1.1-RC1 released

Hi,

I tried the RC1 and got problems using a file-persistent memory-sail.

I see that you've changed the serialization-format to rdf/xml. I can import data without problems but when I try to initialize the repository the next time I get a runtime exception:

org.openrdf.sesame.config.ConfigurationException: Parse error on line 9708
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService._createRepository(LocalService.java:375)
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService.getRepository(LocalService.java:203)

The character that causes the error in the repository-file has hex-code zero (#00).
I remember that in earlier versions the import of this character did cause an exception the moment I try to import it. It seems that i can import such data with no problem at the moment.

Could you please verify this?

Thanks,
Bartman
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.ontomedia.de [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sep 17, 2004 9:44:31 AM

bartman
Sesame Addict

Some further information to this problem:

I use the graph API to insert new triples. So the triple will be added by using methods like the following:

public void openTransaction(){
tmpGraph = new GraphImpl();
factory = tmpGraph.getValueFactory();
}

public void addDataProperty(String inSubject, String inProperty, String inObject){
URI myURI = factory.createURI(inSubject);
URI predicate = factory.createURI(inProperty);
Literal object =
factory.createLiteral(inObject,
new URIImpl("http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"));
tmpGraph.add(myURI, predicate, object);
}

public void commitAddTransaction(){
try {
getRepository().addGraph(tmpGraph);
} catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (AccessDeniedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

I would expect an exception in the moment I create the Literal:

Literal object =
factory.createLiteral(inObject,
new URIImpl "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"));

What could I try?

Bartman
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.ontomedia.de [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sep 17, 2004 9:57:09 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

Hi,

I tried the RC1 and got problems using a file-persistent memory-sail.

I see that you've changed the serialization-format to rdf/xml.

The serialization format is configurable now. The default format is RDF/XML, but you can change this by specifiying the 'dataFormat' property on initialization. Legal values are "rdfxml", "ntriples" and "turtle".

I can import data without problems but when I try to initialize the repository the next time I get a runtime exception:

org.openrdf.sesame.config.ConfigurationException: Parse error on line 9708
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService._createRepository(LocalService.java:375)
at org.openrdf.sesame.repository.local.LocalService.getRepository(LocalService.java:203)

The character that causes the error in the repository-file has hex-code zero (#00).

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you trying to insert a literal into Sesame that contains the character \0? If so, this could explain the stack trace as this character is not allowed in XML documents.

Arjohn
Arjohn Kampman, OpenRDF project lead, Aduna
[Edit 1 times, last edit by arjohn at Sep 17, 2004 9:59:50 AM]
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sep 17, 2004 10:17:36 AM

bartman
Sesame Addict

Hi Arjohn,

yes. My application will try to insert a literal into the repository with a character \0.

Using the described methods this works without problems (which is a problem, because it should raise an exception the moment I try to construct the illegal literal).

After the sail materializes the repository in a file (with the erroneous triple) it is not able to initialize the repository the next startup of the application (raising the shown exception).

This moment I tried to insert the triple in a mysql-repository and it worked too.

The createLiteral method should raise an exception at the moment the application tries to construct a literal with character /0.

Do you understand the problem?

Bartman
Sep 17, 2004 10:29:34 AM

bartman
Sesame Addict

I can reproduce the exception at repository initialization with the dataformat "turtle" and "rdfxml". The ntriples parser doesn't seem to recognize \0 characters as nonvalid literals, so using the dataformat "ntriples" raises no exception.

Bartman
Sep 17, 2004 10:51:55 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

Strange, the Turtle parser is more or less an extension of the N-Triples parser, so I would expect these two to behave identically. I guess its time to dive into the code. I will let you know if I find anything.

Arjohn
Show Printable Version of Post        Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sep 17, 2004 11:01:44 AM

bartman
Sesame Addict

Strange, the Turtle parser is more or less an extension of the N-Triples parser, so I would expect these two to behave identically. I guess its time to dive into the code. I will let you know if I find anything.

Arjohn

Thanks alot!

I just want to stress, that the exception at the initialization of the repository is correct! The problem is, that I can insert triples with /0 characters into the repository. The createLiteral method should not allow me to create such illegal literals because it will run the repository to serialization/initialization problems.

Bartman
Sep 17, 2004 11:12:02 AM

arjohn
OpenRDF project lead

The Netherlands

FYI: I have been able to reproduce the problem by uploading the following N-Triples statement/document to an in-memory repository:
<foo:subj> <foo:prop> "Hello\u0000World".

Arjohn
Sep 17, 2004 11:52:48 AM

jeen
Sesame Addict

The Netherlands

I just want to stress, that the exception at the initialization of the repository is correct! The problem is, that I can insert triples with /0 characters into the repository. The createLiteral method should not allow me to create such illegal literals because it will run the repository to serialization/initialization problems.

I am not so sure. I actually think that the correct behaviour should be that any string is allowed as a literal, and that when we store a literal that contains escape sequences like this, the escape sequence itself should be escaped.

But as they, de beste stuurlui staan aan wal. I'll leave Arjohn to deal with it wink
Researcher at AFSG - Wageningen UR
Show Printable Version of Post     [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]