openRDF.org Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds

Forum has been closed down
This forum has been closed down due to extensive spamming activities. Please use the mailing list instead.

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16045 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Oct 31, 2006 6:56:50 AM

BenTatham
Visitor

Canada

Triplipse: RDF Viewer for Eclipse

I am in the process of making Triplipse: an RDF Plug-in for Eclipse. At its core, is the RIO Parser.

It is currently a work in progress, so I will post screenshots soon, but the basic idea is to display the RDF Graph as a Tree. Yes, I know. There might be recursive loops in the graph.

You can get more info, the source, and the plugin jars here.

Note that to get this plugin working, I made RIO into its own Eclipse plugin too, which essentially amounts to make a jar wrapper for the rio jar and giving it an Eclipse definition.

My motivation, which I will soon have a paper about on the above site, is because all the RDF viewers I have seen to date are cumbersome at best, especially on large data sets. You have to traverse around bubbles that represent nodes in the graph, which don't house the URIs and values very well at all. Hopefully, a simple tree will provide a better structure.

Also note that my use case is generally not in semantic web or rss applications. Rather, the company I work for models metadata about products, the data our products create, and configuration in RDF. We have a large tree using dcterms:hasPart predicates, that we then hang data off of at each resource. Therefore, a tree works very well. Does anybody else use RDF in this way?
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.tatham.ca [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nov 3, 2006 11:32:41 AM

jeen
Sesame Addict

The Netherlands
Re: Triplipse: RDF Viewer for Eclipse

Look interesting. I ran into a number of problems with the plugin, but I definitely like the idea of a fast and simple, scalable viewer for RDF.
----------------------------------------
Researcher at AFSG - Wageningen UR
Show Printable Version of Post     [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nov 13, 2006 2:34:10 AM

BenTatham
Visitor

Canada

Re: Triplipse: RDF Viewer for Eclipse

Well, sorry for the premature announcement, but now Triplipse actually works. I'm sure there are still bugs because so far I am the only one to actually use it.

Feel free to try out Version 1.0.0 released today 2006/11/12.

Check it out at http://code.google.com/p/triplipse/. Follow the link on the right to download the two jars needed for Eclipse. Perhaps one day I'll make an Update Site for it.
Show Printable Version of Post        http://www.tatham.ca [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]