mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 27, 2014 11:32:27 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by yonasj at Jun 16, 2005 4:00:27 PM
love struck   Good work on 1.2
Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that went into 1.2.

With 1.2 I feel that sesame can be used in a streamlined fashion with our >10 million statement rdf graph.

Thanks.
Yonas.

Posted by jeen at Jun 17, 2005 8:48:05 AM
Re: Good work on 1.2
That is good to hear, thanks smile

I'll briefly sketch our development plans:

Developments on our end of the line will now focus on Sesame 2.0, which is tentatively scheduled for an August release.

Biggest new planned features:

- advanced transaction support
- context support
- database-specific sail implementations (performance improvements!)

To achieve these goals the SAIL API will undergo a significant transformation. We are currently in the process of testing the new design (with an in-memory implementation of the new SAIL) and documenting it.

People who are interested in progress can check out the module 'openrdf2' from CVS. Be aware that this is currently not a fully functional version of Sesame, though. All feedback on design etc. is most welcome of course.

Next to Sesame 2.0 a Sesame-affiliated project, called JFoaf, is gradually taking shape under the supervision of Peter Mika. This project focuses on creating a Java object model for specific domain vocabularies, in particular FOAF (but also some other common vocabularies), and offering low-level tooling for handling such data (crawling, smushing, validating, etc.). This is still at an early stage, but hopefully we'll have a first beta release of the software soon.
----------------------------------------
Researcher at AFSG - Wageningen UR